The Southwest Campus of Evangel Temple Assembly of God participates in missions abroad and missions here at home. The following are some of our outreaches that take place here in Middleburg, Florida:
Weekly – Defending the Faith Karate Classes and Food Pantry
Annually – Backpack Outreach, Heaven’s Gates & Hell’s Flames,
and the Fall Festival.
DEFENDING THE FAITH KARATE
Every Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30 pm, our Karate Outreach offers a place for people from 7 to 70 years old learn the skills of self defense while also learning about the Defender Himself, Jesus. Gary Lenzi, our Karate instructor, uses the Word of God and intense art of Karate to teach and reach a generation for Jesus. Come see for yourself! Call the church at 291-1426 for more information.
FOOD PANTRY & CLOTHES CLOSET
On July 26, 2009, our food pantry outreach began as a response to an overwhelming need in our community. Of the three schools within five miles of our church, 100% of their children receive free breakfast and lunch! This means that thousands of families were struggling to provide adequate food for their families. Through our partnerships with Feeding Northeast Florida, Farm Share, and Waste Not Want Not, we provide food every Thursday at 1:30 pm. The third Thursday of every month, we hold a large food distribution. Since its inception, the food pantry has assisted over 50,000 people.
OUR NEXT FOOD GIVEAWAY is August 16.
(On this day only we begin giving away food at 11:30 am)
WE GIVE AWAY BREAD AND DESSERTS EVERY THURSDAY AT 1:30 PM.
(Except for the Third Thursday Big Food Outreach)
On July 29, 2017, we held our annual backpack outreach. We gave away:
- 300 backpacks with school supplies
- 100 pairs of brand new shoes provided by Soles for Souls
- 600 hot dogs
- Immunizations and physicals provided by St .Vincent’s
- Consultations and giveaways provided by Wolfson’s Children’s Hospital and the Florida WIC Program
- Hundreds books provided by the Clay County Library
- Consultations provided by Habitat for Humanity
- Eye examinations provided by the Lions Club
- Hundreds of bottles of water provided by Farm Share
- Thousands of clothing items were given away in our clothes closet
This Outreach directly impacts children in the Clay County area and ensures that they have the proper supplies and clothing they need to begin the school year.
JULY 28, 2018.